Sunday, January 21, 2007

Playoff predictions ....

Today is sure to be a fun day in the NFL ....

In the game I don't really care about, I think the Saints will beat da Bears, who have just been too inconsistent this year to make it to the Superbowl. I expect Drew Brees to put up good numbers against the injured Bears defense, and the Saints will march on to Miami.

In the local game, I think the Colts are going to have a real tough time with Tom Brady and the Patriots. Let's face it ... the Patriots are a good playoff team, and the Colts have two wins with puzzling stats. There are a lot of questions for the Colts ... will Manning show up? Will the stifiling defense of the last two weeks show up? Will this be the game that Vinatieri misses his first field goal attempt in the RCA dome?

The fan in me wants to pick the Colts because they have confidence and are at home. The skeptic says that the Colts will lose because I purchased a Peyton Manning jersey, which is usually the kiss of death for a team (though to be fair, I did purchase it last year, so maybe the jinx has already worked itself out).

Okay ... no more stalling. Colts win a squeaker, with Brady coming up short at the very end.

There ... it's out there. I guess that means tomorrow I'll be talking about how I really don't care about the Bears vs Patriots Superbowl matchup.

1 comment:

dangoebbert said...

You really hit the nail on the head with the Colts prediction. Can't believe they finally pulled it out! Too bad this is the year I chose to live in Europe, where the superbowl will be broadcast at like 1am or something like that. But Colts - Bears, who cares who wins this one?