This may seem silly, but this week I'm excited. Why? Well, for the movie buff in me, Tuesday marks the day I've been waiting for since summer ... the release of The Dark Knight on blu-ray. Honestly, I saw this movie 4 times during its theatrical release, and it got better each time as I picked up on more and more subtleties of the plot. Seriously, how often does a huge franchise movie keep on giving like that?
Speaking of blu-ray and movies that keep on giving, I'm currently working through the blu-ray Band of Brothers set. I guess this may be a "guy thing," but I swear that this HBO series is by far the best war movie ever made. Period. The funny thing is that it almost required multiple viewings in order to really know the characters. It's not that there's no time for characterization in the series's 10 episodes, but instead, there are so many characters (that each have great moments) that it is sometimes hard to remember who's who beyond the easily recognizable "fixtures" like Winters, Nixon, Guarnere, and Randelman. There is such texture to the story, and after reading the book, so many of the small-yet-poingant moments made it to the screen that, to be honest, I'm not sure I could be happier with the end result.
No comments:
Post a Comment