Saturday, July 09, 2016

But a brief passage of time

So ... it has literally been over 4 years since I've posted to my blog.  Ha. Fun times.  A lot has changed.  And very little.  So it goes, as it always has.

What's been going on in my life?  Well, that's personal ... which is a funny statement as I look over what I wrote in the past.  I realized that grad school couldn't (and shouldn't) (and wouldn't) last forever.  I discovered what it was like to have a panic attack.  I fought against the fear of fear itself.  I traveled.  I graduated. I got a job. I got another job.  I returned to the first job.  I moved away from everything I've known.  I moved back.  I've been in brief relationships.  I've been in briefer relationships.  I've been called awesome.  I've been called a time-wasting jerk.  I've been made to feel valuable.  I've been treated such that I was forced to question my worth.  I've ignored direct competition.  I've railed against the smallest perceived slight.  I've moved 3 times in 3 years.  I've grown very tired of moving.  I've lost loved family members to death.  I've lost friends to the passage of time and place.  I've clung on to things that made me happy.  I've questioned why I would rely on things to make me happy.

In other words, I've lived.

No comments: