Saturday, January 14, 2006

SWA comes through ....


I received a letter in the mail today from Southwest Airlines, and I knew immediately what it was about. You see, after my roundtrip to Orlando with them in October, I sent them a polite but stern letter describing my dissatisfaction with the airline concerning the fact that my luggage was soaked when I retrieved it in Indianapolis.

So what would my letter contain? An apology? Indifference?

As I stated in my original letter to the airline, as a rule, I like Southwest. While the "cattle-call" approach to boarding leaves a little to be desired, I have always found the personnel friendly and the rates very good. It was little surprise, then when I opened their response and found a lengthy (2 page), point-by-point response to my letter. This was obviously no form letter. It apologized for the problem, offered a detailed explanation of the luggage loading process, and then promised that my letter would be forwarded to the supervisor in Orlando. It also acknowledged and thanked me for including compliments about the airline in my letter. Finally, compensation was included even though it was specifically not asked for.

Kudos Southwest. Thanks for taking the time to show that my comments have been taken into account.

No comments: