I went to see the new Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, last night with a friend. What I found amazing was the absolute different way we experienced the movie. My friend was engrossed. I, on the other hand, never "got into" the movie because of the all-around experiences. There were people texting most of the time on the audience side, and on the other side, the print (that was supposedly 2 days old) had two vertical scratches through through the middle of the screen for the last 25 minutes of the movie (which was especially bad since ... minor spoiler here ... many scenes in that time take place in a desert).
Is there any wonder why I dislike paying to go see movies any more, even if I'm "only" paying a $6.75 student rate? While my home theater setup does not compare to the size and sound provided in theatrical projection, it also is not full of inconsiderate jack-asses who cannot go 120 minutes without opening up their phone and essentially turning on a flashlight in the middle of the movie theater.
No comments:
Post a Comment