Well ... it's the day before classes start. Ten years ago last Friday, I stepped onto Purdue for the first time as a freshman.
10 years.
A decade.
Wow.
It's amazing how the time goes.
If you had asked me 10 years ago to describe what I'd be doing in a 10 years, I probably would have said:
- Working as a programmer or computer consultant
- Managing a decent income
- Married, maybe with a child
Amazing where life takes you, huh? I never would have guessed I'd still be in school. Though, I also never would have guessed that I would have traveled as much as I have, or taken as many cruises, or met some truly fabulous people ....
I guess you take the good with the bad. Sometimes you want life to be predictable, but if it was always predictable, that'd get pretty boring, wouldn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment